[PD] gem installation on mac os 10.3.9

Jacob Last jacoblast at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:25:44 CEST 2005

Hi All--

This is my first post to the PD list. I'm sure that I will be here for
a while, as I have just started developing with PD and am fairly
addicted. My problem is this: I am trying to get my linux laptop (a
thinkpad t41p) running full duplex i/o with alsa on fedora core 3
(planetccrma). No matter what buffer settings I use, my audio input is
always garbled. I get nice clear output with a 5ms audiobuf setting
though. Audio input through JACK is fine (but I also can't get
Fernando's packaged PD to work with JACK, going to try to compile it
myself). The audio chipset is intel8x0. Anyone have any clues?

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate list for this question...please guide.

Thanks very much,
Jacob Last
Amherst, MA USA