[PD] gem installation on mac os 10.3.9

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Tue Jul 12 21:22:06 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:

>> my choice was Application Support - but that also might be in part
>> because i'm used to cycling74 putting max externals there....
>
> ...wow, I'm glad you have a choice, but your choice caused you
> problems...luckily, pd allows you to continue your c74 ingrained
> behavior:  just don't expect us to change pd to default to that...as I
> said, the original location (at least for the last few years) has been
> ~/Library/Pd:  but go ahead and do whatever you feel!

i'm not about to make anyone do anything
IOhannes made a careful suggestion that, maybe, it would be a good idea
to ___add Application Support to the standard search path for the os x
version of Pd.
which i think is a good idea - for whatever that is worth

one can argue if it was my choice of location or pd's handling of
.pdrcs with a path-with-a-space that caused the problem - i'll leave
that up to others to debate.

anyway, seem to be stepping on toes here, so i'll take my "c74
ingrained behaviour" offline...

rene