[PD] gem installation on mac os 10.3.9

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Wed Jul 13 00:26:25 CEST 2005

james tittle wrote:
> ...it's worth whatever...?  Maybe it's worth checking the archives
> before you post to see if a subject has been discussed, I dunno...

from my first post today:
> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:01:08 +0300
[...]
> i'm sure i'm not the first one to come up against this problem
> i've searched the archives, but have been unable to find anything other
> than a message about ubumenu installation on os x with a reference to
> spaces in paths being potential problems...

> ...oh c'mon, do you always dither when confronted with a
> contra-argument?  I hope not, for your sake...it's just that I
> searched my archives and didn't see anywhere that you'd contributed
> code; yet all of a sudden you post stuff with an authoritative tone,
> and it just didn't make sense to me to agree  :-)

ah, guess i missed the "have to contribute code before some of us can
agree to whatever you say" note on the list subscription page...

> ...and please don't be so easily spooked away, "...words have never
> broken bones" and all that...

don't worry, you don't spook me that easily
but attitudes get attitudes in return
i'd love to be proven wrong in anything i say, but that is done with
arguments, not with name-calling