[PD] msg cut

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 02:51:58 CEST 2005

> there is a documentation (pd-msg_05) about internal msgs to pd, but
> it's quite old and refers to pd_0.34.  but i think the most examples
> still work.
i think, i'm using the pd since 0.35 ... and i doubt that anything
concerning internal messages (to pd or to canvases) has changed since
then ...

still, the only really useful internal messages are messages to pd ...
before starting to mess with messages to canvases to do dynamic
patching, i'd propose use dyn~, since it's dynamic patching capabilities
are way advanced ...

> by the way:
> is there another of way to find all possible msgs besides reading the
> c-code? if yes, i might be interested in making an update of this
> docu.
run "pd -d 2" and have a look at the console output (stderr, not the gui
console) ... i've also prepared some example patches for my workshop at
the lac3, but it's not really covering more that the docs you mentioned

cheers .... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs