[PD] pd 0.38 printing to shell

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 14 14:10:47 CEST 2005

Miller Puckette wrote:
> I think you just undefine MSW in s_entry.c (so that it makes a main()
> routine instead of a WinMain()).. Run with the -stderr flag and presto.
>
> Is there enough need for this that I should supply a "pd-console" version
> in the standard release?  I can't decide...

i support sven, as i think that having a console version is important
even on windows.

after some investigation (i think i've posted in to the tracker a while
ago) it seems that the most "standard" way to do this, is by creating 2
applications, one pd.exe (being the windows version) and one pd.com
(console version); this hack is even used by M$ themselves.

for some weird historic reasons, the DOS-box still prefers .com over
.exe, so if you type "pd" (supposed that you have set the paths right),
you will automatically get the console-version, which i think is ok, as
you are running pd from the DOS-box anyhow.

all links to the application,... would go to the pd.exe, which has no
console support.

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes