Re: [PD] graphic band filter (newbe)

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Sat Jul 16 15:37:03 CEST 2005

Hallo!

>> hopefully some people will give you some good advice, because i would
>> also like to see a good EQ for pd...

> [fir~] is EXACTLY what I wished :)

hm - I don't this that an [fir~] is that good if you want to design EQs ...
The standard EQs are normally designed with shelving and peak/notch filters
(wich are a combination of allpass, so IIR filters ...)
There are a lot of filters in the iemlib (e.g. hml_shelf~, ...) and I think
Miller also described some filter-design methods in his book ...

LG
Georg