[PD] finding good musical instruments

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jul 16 18:21:14 CEST 2005

Hallo,
luca.turchet at students.univr.it hat gesagt: // luca.turchet at students.univr.it wrote:
> I have recently subscribed to this mailing list to solve a problem: is there
> anyone that can tell me where I can download musical instrument (like
> clarinet,plucked,ecc.) created (and controllable) with PD?
>
> I have to control the parameters of each instrument (i.e frequency, amplitude,
> pressure,ecc.).

A very simple way to do this is the fluid~ external, which is a
polyphonic soundfont player. There are good and bad soundfonts
available all over the net, a good place is
http://www.hammersound.net/

Of course you could also directly run fluidsynth, but it's easier to
modify the fluid~ sound inside Pd IMO.

You can hear fluid~ in action using a cheesy piano soundfont (Gort's
Mini Piano, to tell the truth) here: http://footils.org/cms/show/44

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44