[PD] patching dynamically in abstractions ...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jul 18 15:59:24 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Thoralf Schulze hat gesagt: // Thoralf Schulze wrote:

> while it is possible to create objects in an
> abstraction dynamically (via obj x y name - messages),
> it doesn't seem possible to delete them with a
> cut-message: a |editmode 1, mouse x y 0 0, cut,
> editmode 0( - message will be rejected right after the
> first comma. Please see the attached patch for details
> - abs-edit.pd is an abstraction called by test-edit.pd
> .
> It would be really great if someone could help me out
> here. I want to use this technique to build an user
> interface dynamically, and I can't think of any other
> way to do this (apart from vis-messages, but they open
> a new windows, which is not exactly what I want).

The mouse and edit commands only work on a canvas, that is visible. As
your patch shows, visibility through GOP doesn't seem to be enough, it
has to be *reallly* opened. So unless you wrap your editing in vis
1/0/1 messages, you seem to be out of luck here.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44