[PD] using pd's ctlout to control other app?

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Mon Jul 18 16:29:00 CEST 2005

wang changcun schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> can I use pd's ctlout to send midi signals out to
> control other apps like abletonlive?
Yes you can.
You need either an external midi feedback or an internal software
solution like Hubi's LoopBack.
> I found the midi patchbay,
I'm not sure what you mean by this, maybe one of the two mentioned
solutions...
> but I don't know how to use
> it to connect the two apps?
a)
If you have a midi interface with more than one port you can:
- use port 1 as output from pd,
- plug midi out 1 to midi in 2 (with a real cable) and
- use port 2 as midi in for your other application
b)
A software tool will give you virtual midi ports that you can use for
the same purpose (I didn't use it for long and don't have it installed
now so I can't describe in detail).

Hope that helps
Urs