[PD] using pd's ctlout to control other app?

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon Jul 18 17:13:27 CEST 2005

> You need either an external midi feedback or an internal software
solution like Hubi's LoopBack.

I do it with midi yoke.

> b)
> A software tool will give you virtual midi ports that you can use for
> the same purpose (I didn't use it for long and don't have it installed
> now so I can't describe in detail).

midi yoke sets 8 virtual midi channels. It's possible to send the output
to one channel, and it will appear in the
input of the same channel wherever you want. - I use it to simulate my
bcf2000: with input and output in the same
channel, it's like doing send-receive with ctlin and ctlout. (or sendnote,
or whatever)
this is all inside pd, but I guess it should work within two different
programs.

joao