[PD] fiddle~ amplitude precision

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Mon Jul 18 18:27:34 CEST 2005

hello list,

I am using fiddle~ to retrieve the amplitude data from several isolated
and continuous notes from several percussion instruments - low marimba,
high vibraphone and bongo.
I need to make a distinction between piano and forte, and nothing more.
but when I send the input to fiddle, the results are always different -
sometimes like almost 20 db, which then ruins my attempt to regulate
things. I am making a simulation from recorded samples, which mean that
the input amplitude is always the same. my present parameters are only
"1024" (I tried several, and this was the most accurate).

has anyone had this problem with fiddle~ already?

thanks,

Joao (xp 0.38.3)

--
Lugostr. 14