[PD] Re: PDa and tabread4~

Guenter Geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jul 18 23:08:24 CEST 2005

Hi David,

The tabread4~ is one of the objects that act differently than their
pd version. In PDa the maximum number that you can get out of a
signal is 8192.0.
Therefor tabread is not indexed with samples but with milliseconds.
(Which in turn limits the samples playable to a length of 8.192 seconds).

In short, if you want to play a second of sound, send
[0, 1000 1000< to the line~ object connected to tabread4~.

If you use phasor~ to control tabread~, multiply its output by the
amount of milliseconds that you want to play, not by the number of
samples.

If you still have problems, send me the patch you are using.
PDa is not comming with all the help files because of these small
incompatibilities (and, because I would have to redo them because of
the screen sizes)

Greetings,

Guenter