[PD] fiddle~ amplitude precision

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 19 00:51:53 CEST 2005

Hi Joao,

This is just a guess, but you might be getting amplitude information
from different parts of the sample.  When I'm trying to measure the dynamic
of a real-time input, I usually look at the maximum of all the values fiddle~
outputs.  If the sound is percussive, it's sometimes OK to wait 1/10 second
after the attack (identified either by fiddle~ or bonk~) and just 'gate'
the amplitude at that instant...

cheers
Miller