[PD] fiddle~ amplitude precision

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Tue Jul 19 01:09:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

> This is just a guess, but you might be getting amplitude information
> from different parts of the sample.  When I'm trying to measure the
> dynamic
> of a real-time input, I usually look at the maximum of all the values
> fiddle~
> outputs.  If the sound is percussive, it's sometimes OK to wait 1/10
> second
> after the attack (identified either by fiddle~ or bonk~) and just 'gate'
> the amplitude at that instant...

thanks for the tip. I was thinking that it might be that, but then I found
strange, because with different window values the result should have been
different.

I was thinking of making this list, but there is something that I can't
find now: wasn't there an object which kept the maximum (or minimum) of
the values it received, and would only react when the values would be even
bigger (or smaler)? I'm sure there was one (or is it in max?), but can't
find it right now.

thanks,

João