[PD] Amazing Performance difference - Gem Midi osx

timon botez timon at sosolimited.com
Tue Jul 19 23:34:35 CEST 2005

Hi,
I had some problems with metro running irregular. Im on osx 10.3.9. I
was running Pd-0.38-2hcs0 installer. Cause of the problems I went to
Hans Christoph's site to see if there was any updates. I downloaded the
recent installer Pd-0.38-4-extended-RC1 and the experimental
Pd-0.39test2-extended-RC0.

My patch uses Gem (5x curve3d 3 3) and 4 midi notes routed to Reason.
The results was very interesting. On the latest installer the metro was
running fine but the performance was incredibly slow. I could not edit
anything while running. It looks like all the pipes got completely
blocked. The experimental installer was a bit faster, but not by much.

The patch was using about 90 percent cpu on the latest installer, 75 on
the experimental and 60 on the old.

Ive gone back to the old and the metro seems back on track.

Is there a reason for this?
Thought I should mention it.

Timon.