[PD] GApop compilation in OSX (Modified by David Plans Casal)

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Wed Jul 20 13:21:17 CEST 2005

On 20 Jul 2005, at 10:32, Thomas Grill wrote:

> i have no problems building GApop when using the new flext build
> system (i didn't try the makefile included). For this, GApop has to be
> given a package.txt file with the following content:
>
> NAME=GApop
> SRCDIR = src
> SRCS= GApop.cpp
>
> and then built with
>
> sh pathtoflext/build.sh pd gcc

oh MY. you're a Star.

yup, that builds like a dream (and what a nice build system it is).
however, loading it in pd makes it crash...

On 20 Jul 2005, at 10:50, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> I only have to include this one file with these 3 lines ? - Okay, I
> will
> check it in ...

I did a cvs update on externals/grh/GApop and can't see a package.txt
in there, but I wrote one of my own with Thomas' reccomendations with
this in it:

NAME=GApop
SRCDIR=src
SRCS=GApop.cpp

and built it with:

sh ../../grill/flext/build.sh pd gcc

which gave me GApop.pd_darwin in pd-darwin/release-single/

I called GApop from .pdrc with -lib GApop and -path to the binary.

When I start pd, it crashes with signal 4 on startup.

This is with Pd version 0.38.3, on OSX 10.3.9.

Any ideas?

# David Plans Casal

problem.each { |day|
	assert_nil(spoon)