[PD] help needed figuring out why pd on ubuntu hangs

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Thu Jul 21 14:10:16 CEST 2005

Maybe your loopback is not installed?

Does /etc/hosts say:

127.0.0.1       localhost

anywhere?

does ifconfig print something like:

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
           inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
           inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
           UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
           RX bytes:64420 (62.9 Kb)  TX bytes:64420 (62.9 Kb)

I had to do something funny on some distro at some point because the
loopback was non-existant in the default installation, strange I know..

I'm not on my debian machine there should be something in /etc/ like
"networks" or "network/interfaces" that says something like:

loopback        127.0.0.0

clearly it will not work without loopback....

b.