[PD] GApop compilation in OSX

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Thu Jul 21 18:29:17 CEST 2005

On 21 Jul 2005, at 13:40, Thomas Grill wrote:

> maybe you try removing the linker option in
> flext/buildsys/mac/gnumake-gcc.inc, then
> sh build.sh pd gcc clean
> and
> sh build.sh pd gcc

Ok I did a fresh checkout of buildsys dir so I'd have a clean slate...

Then I went into buildsys/mac/gnumake-gcc.inc and edited, but couldn't
find -Wl,-x, just -Wl. Here's the cvs diff I got

diff -r1.8 gnumake-gcc.inc
45c45
< LDFLAGS += -Wl,-S
---
 > LDFLAGS += -S

So but anyway, did cleanup and built flex again. Then, I went back to
GApop and built with flext build system, but I got;

g++: -framework: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: ApplicationServices: linker input file unused because linking not
done
g++: -framework: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: vecLib: linker input file unused because linking not done
g++: pd-darwin/release-single/GApop.opp: linker input file unused
because linking not done
g++: -lflext-pd_s: linker input file unused because linking not done
chmod 755 pd-darwin/release-single/GApop.pd_darwin
chmod: pd-darwin/release-single/GApop.pd_darwin: No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [pd-darwin/release-single/GApop.pd_darwin] Error 1
make: *** [build-release-single] Error 2

No luck :-(

At this point, I rm -rf 'd both flext and gapop and did fresh cvs
checkout in case I had mangled files way too much.

Did the flext compile again, gapop compile, loaded, it worked!

Thomas' cvs commits must've done the trick.

Thank you!

Cheers,

David

--