[PD] pd cheatsheet

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Sat Jul 23 19:35:01 CEST 2005

Hi.

On 22 Jul 2005, at 20:38, cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com wrote:

> I know there are flags that can be set on start up, but from the binary
> installation I don't have access to change the start up (I don't see
> any
> batch file), and I need to keep this installation because it has all
> the
> libraries with it.
>
> If I can't solve this I'll unfortunately have to use commercial
> software...

IIRC, you can write your own batch file. Since you can start PD from a
DOS prompt (provided you are in the same directory as the binary), you
should be able to just author a batch file.

 From http://puredata.info/docs/faq/FrontPage#WhatDoIUseOnWindows

"For Windows, .bat file is generally used in the place of a .pdrc. You
use the same command line options as the .pdrc file, except you start
the file with pd.exe and all of the options needs to be on that same
line. Therefore the file will only be one line, though its often a very
long line. Example:

"c:\pd\bin\pd.exe" -font 10 -path "c:\pd\doc\vasp" -lib cyclone -lib
iem_t3_lib -lib iem_mp3 -lib mjLib -lib OSC -lib percolate -lib vasp
-lib xeq -lib xsample -lib zexy -lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2 -listdev %1
%2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

For now, to test it, all you need is the executable path, like
"c:\pd\bin\pd.exe", then -listdev %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 , so you
can see what devices PD can see, and then look at the options here

http://puredata.info/docs/faq/FrontPage#WhatArePdsCommandLineOptions

MIDI configuration flags:
-midiindev ...   -- midi in device list; e.g., "1,3" for first and third
-midioutdev ...  -- midi out device list, same format
-mididev ...     -- specify -midioutdev and -midiindev together
-nomidiin        -- suppress MIDI input
-nomidiout       -- suppress MIDI output
-nomidi          -- suppress MIDI input and output

Good luck

# David Plans Casal

problem.each { |day|
	assert_nil(spoon)