[PD] smoothing things ...

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Tue Jul 26 15:32:43 CEST 2005

> curves. Another prerequisite is that the filter is
> able to recognise parameter jumps that exceed a
> certain threshold and doesn't interpolate these jumps.
> I realise that this is probably impossible to
> accomplish.

certainly not impossible, dynamics compressors/expanders operate on this concept, only mangling the signal when (or when there isnt) an abrupt change. most of them use a small blocksize-or-two lookahead to get better results.. maybe you want to involve a gate of some sort, and flip on and off the lowpass/interpolation/compression depending on some threshold of recent change..