[PD] smoothing things ...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 27 14:00:23 CEST 2005

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> I have not looked at Frank's patch yet, maybe it is such a thing?

Huh, I did a patch? ;)

> lop~ method will deal with any incoming value and interpolate from the
> last position to the target. without roll-over this does satisfy your
> first need.

For smooth interpolation a look at Cyrille's [line3] object would be
valuable. It interpolates smoothly without the need to convert to dsp
first and you can also do jumps by sending a single number instead of
a pair - as does [line] in a linear way. This way you could go
smoothly from 0-359 by sending these values through a pack, whereas
360 would trigger a jump:

  [select 360]
  [s jump]   [pack 0 10]

             | [r jump]