[PD] more problems with gripd

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Fri Jul 29 05:36:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 07:10:37PM -0700, Joseph A. Sarlo wrote:
> There are probably some problems with GrIPD and newer versions of python and
> Wx. You can try the linux pre-compiled binaries I have on the GrIPD download
> page, but they're linked against an older version of glibc so they probably
> won't work either. I'm not actively working on GrIPD anymore. Honestly, I
> didn't think anyone still used it, but I think I have a newer version on one
> of my machines that you can try. I'll send it to you when I find it.
>
> Joe
> jsarlo at ucsd.edu

I haven't really used gripd yet, but I was pretty stoked to find
out about it. When I first learned how to use GOP, I was suprised
at how clunky it is, so an alternative way to create UIs for my
patches is well appreciated. I'm also currently looking at
Frank's tutorial on using datastructs to make GUIs (I just found
it a couple minutes ago, though, so we'll see how it goes)

-spencer