[PD] pd/tcl + tkdnd + widgets

odiv . daniel52000 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:36:49 CEST 2005

hi list. again.

I figured out how to start Tcl with package require tkdnd. I`ve got .widgets
too from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/extensions/gui/ix/
And now when I try to dnd something to a {widget q} or {widget dd} I get:
using a separate q's definition file
q .x8213a18.c.q1828c2d8 q1828c2d8
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  24 (X_ConvertSelection)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x1a0
  Serial number of failed request:  23888
pd: exiting
child process exited abnormally
using a separate dd's definition file
dd .x82798f0.c.dt82162a8 dt82162a8
X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  24 (X_ConvertSelection)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x1a0
  Serial number of failed request:  8443
pd: exiting
child process exited abnormally

I really think tkdnd + ix`s widgets is a brilliant feature, which makes it
easier to patch/improvise. I dont know where to turn to find out what I`m
doing wrong.

thanx in advance
daniel