[PD] flext-based objects and pd 0.39

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Aug 1 08:32:51 CEST 2005

Am 01.08.2005 um 00:53 schrieb Tim Blechmann:

>> i realized that the graphical side of attribute-handling is not
>> compatible with pd version 0.39.
>> This means that flext-based objects will display in a strange way or
>> not  be visible at all. I'm about to fix this... at the moment the
>> only way  to circumvent these problems is to compile flext with the
>> flag  -DFLEXT_NOATTREDIT and also rebuild the externals.
> well, it's also possible to recompile flext against 0.39 ;-)

Yes, but the point is that externals based on flext will not be
binary-compatible between PD versions then.
With the current cvs version this is fixed in a way that doesn't need
any flags to be specified. Attributes that are given as creation
arguments are not hidden any longer, though.

best,
Thomas