[PD] pdp for OSX

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 16:04:31 CEST 2005

hi ed,

On Aug 3, 2005, at 9:30 AM, Ed Kelly wrote:

> now there is an OSX problem with the ieee1394
> component:
>
> ld: pidip-modules/pdp_ieee1394.o illegal reference to
> symbol: _OpenDefaultComponent defined in indirectly
> referenced dynamic library
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
> make: *** [darwin] Error 1
>
> not sure what to do, but highly relieved to find
> apt-get in fink

...it'd be a lot of help if you said something about which version of
things you are working with:  OS, gcc, pd, pdp, etc.  Once we figure
that out, then it's easier to suggest methods of attack...the above
error likely indicates that the Quicktime.framework isn't being
included/linked...

l8r,
james