[PD] pdp for OSX

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 18:27:55 CEST 2005

Hi James,

Apologies for not providing all the info.
I am using a dual G5 with 10.3.9, pd version 0.38-4
and gcc version 3.3. I'm trying to compile pdp 0.12.4.
btw I'm finding a lot of references to /home/tom/ in
the Makefiles in the opengl folder.
anyway, I'm not sure I've got everything I need
installed properly, so I'll have another crack at it
tomorrow. Right now I'm updating fink, so I'll leave
it at that for now.

Best,
Ed
PS you weere right about libquicktime not being
properly installed!

--- james tittle <tigital at mac.com> wrote:

> hi ed,
>
> On Aug 3, 2005, at 9:30 AM, Ed Kelly wrote:
> >
> > now there is an OSX problem with the ieee1394
> > component:
> >
> > ld: pidip-modules/pdp_ieee1394.o illegal reference
> > symbol: _OpenDefaultComponent defined in
> indirectly
> > referenced dynamic library

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/

Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
> > make: *** [darwin] Error 1
> >
> > not sure what to do, but highly relieved to find
> > apt-get in fink
>
> ...it'd be a lot of help if you said something about
> which version of
> things you are working with:  OS, gcc, pd, pdp, etc.
>  Once we figure
> that out, then it's easier to suggest methods of
> attack...the above
> error likely indicates that the Quicktime.framework
> isn't being
> included/linked...
>
> l8r,
> james