[PD] mp3 not recognized -readanysf~

august august at alien.mur.at
Sat Aug 6 18:29:46 CEST 2005

> Hello August!
>
> I've installed libmad0 - but still readanysf~ cannot read mp3 (-MPEG
> 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo)

if you are on debian, then you need to install libmad0-dev (I believe)

you need the development package which has the necessary header for
compiling.

after getting the dev files, recompile readanysf~ and you should be able
to play mp3 files.

> Opening file: /home/gerda/musiksachen/rabtal/betrogen.mp3
> file not recognized, format = -1
>
> Also I have a strange patch behaviour in which my readanysf~ is in--if
> I open it-pd is telling me: readanysf~
> ... couldn't create.
> I always have to recreate the object which is very unhandy.

not sure what is going on there.  where did you put the
readanysf~.pd_linux  ?

-august.