[PD] problems with OSC in windows

enrico_groups at libero.it enrico_groups at libero.it
Mon Aug 8 17:41:53 CEST 2005

Thanks for your reply Piotr,

the problem is that because pd cannot load the OSC library, then I cannot use any of it, so for example, if I try to create the OSCroute object, I get:

tried C:\\Program\\OSCroute.dll and failed
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\OSCroute.dll and failed
tried C:\\Program\\OSCroute\\OSCroute.dll and failed
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\OSCroute\\OSCroute.dll and failed
tried C:\\Program\\OSCroute.pd and failed
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\OSCroute.pd and failed
tried C:\\Program\\OSCroute.pat and failed
tried C:\\Program Files\\pd\\extra\\OSCroute.pat and failed
 OSCroute
... couldn't create

I looked at the source for OSC and osc_setup is a function. it seems that on my machine PD cannot access it in the dll.
I do not understand though why.. and how to fix this.
I tried a few different releases, but no luck.

Has anyone seen anything similar (even with other externals)?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,
Enrico