[PD] Sound in GEM

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Tue Aug 9 17:30:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

Yes. OS X for now with many versions of Pd... As I will probably use
Linux for this patch, sound should not be a concern anymore, unless PDP
would help to load video and its audio tracks. Sound could bu muted,
but it would be nice to try to get syncronized sound, yes. Anyonbe has
more info on PDP and film+audio tracks loading ?

aalex

Le 05-08-09, à 09:34, B. Bogart a écrit :

> Hey,
>
> I guess your on OSX, since all other platorms ignore the audio track.

> Note that the audio in Gem coming from clips comes from Quicktime and
> not from PD. So you can mute it with all your sound, or only use
> soundless clips and render the sound to seperate files.
>

> I think PDP allows you to load video and it sends the sound as a signal
> through PD.

> Is sync important?

Sure.