[PD] Motorized faders as force feedback?

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Thu Aug 11 07:27:38 CEST 2005

So I'm waiting for the Behringer BCF-2000 control surface that I
bought off ebay, and thinking of all the fun stuff I could do
with it. There's a PMPD example patch with several sliders
connected to eachother like an elastic string, and I was thinking
it'd be fun to connect each slider to a fader on the BCF, so when
I moved one fader, the others would move in a ripply wave effect.
That got me thinking of other fun ways to use the motorized
faders, and as I've also been thinking of getting a
force-feedback controller or 2, I was wondering if it's damaging
to the motors or anything to use them for that. I've never really
used motorized faders for anything besides recalling sessions on
digital mixing boards, so I don't really know how they react to
the resistance of your fingers, and if they can push against you
without doing any harm.

any thoughts?

-spencer