[PD] Select treats all [symbol #{ as "float"

Dan Wilken cubis at comcast.net
Sun Aug 14 19:46:58 CEST 2005

I am trying to [select a b c 1 2 3]

According to the PD documentation, this is possible if I send all symbols.

>From select help:
" Notice that "400" here is defined as a symbol data type and the [select]
object can successfully match it to the creation argument."

But if I add a [symbol 300{ it gets a match at 400 (the first float in the
select). When I have

[sel a 1 b 2]

I can successfully find both a and b, but any numbers I send, as symbols,
get caught at 1.

It behaves like this in both .3.7 and .3.8. I was starting to draw a
workaround  and thought I'd mention it. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dan