[PD] Piksel'05

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Tue Aug 16 18:29:30 CEST 2005

Le 16 Août 2005 11:15, 220hex a écrit :
> Monday 15 August 2005 01:20, skrev Yves Degoyon:
> >
> > don't forget they're extremists and can't stand any windows users ))
>
> total bollocks ;)
>
> we might well be extremists, but windows is accepted as well as OSX, as
> long as the user-space apps is open-source.

It'a getting difficult to draw a line between the user-space apps and the
root-space os. Using "open source" (I prefer the term free) on non-free
platforms is one way to promote freedom for users, but it's far from
enough. The first words on the Piksel web site are:
"Piksel is a yearly event for artists and developers working
 with Free Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) for realtime processing of
video and sound."  Since Windows and OSX are non-free softwares, the Piksel
people should logically be extreme extremists... ;-)
--
Marc