[PD] Piksel'05

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Tue Aug 16 20:11:39 CEST 2005

It's easy: LGPL software is free, but can be used or linked with non-free
software. The first letter is "L", for "Lesser", because it protects less;
its only purpose is to distribute libraries that might become de-facto
standards.

In the case of applications, hybrids don't only promote the free parts; for
example, pixelTango is optimised for OSX because it is mainly developed on
OSX, so it promotes OSX more than GNU/Linux. But I promote pixelTango to
OSX users when I can, hoping they might eventually want use a free OS.

Happy Piksel!
--
Marc