[Fwd: Re: [PD] hardware recommendation]

Matthijs van Henten cola at looze.net
Wed Aug 17 20:02:24 CEST 2005

sorry iohannes, I always forget to reply to the list. - this could be
set somewhere in the mailman software, because it doesn't happen in
every mailinlist I post to, in the mailto thingy.

from what I understand now is that power needs to be in the GPU - and
agreed, any fairly recent graphics card will do I think. I can't compare
ATI to NVIDIA since I only have ATI, but mine was 55 euro and I think
would do the job.
You can use medium processors too,  and don't need anything specific on
storage side - I'd go for 2 pc's in that case, cince your hw doesn't
have to be the top of the line in CPU power or features.

Matrox cards are not an option for anything 3d. Only Parhelia ( 4 head
card) would be interesting, but that's almost the price of 2 pc's