[PD] installation of pd on ubuntu

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 18 17:52:19 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Alexandre Garacotche hat gesagt: // Alexandre Garacotche wrote:

>     I got this after installation pf pd (through synaptic) on a
> fresh installation of ubuntu:
>
>     alex at ubu:~$ pd
>     ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq
> failed: No
>     such file or directory
>     Segmentation fault
>     alex at ubu:~$ pd_gui: pd process exited
>
> I have tried to start pd with jack and with no audio but I got the
> same error.

"modprobe snd-seq-device" and/or adding snd-seq-device to /etc/modules
will fix this. I'm not sure if this bug is present in the Debian
pd-version as well or maybe in all Pd versions? I think, Pd shouldn't
crash, when snd-seq-midi isn't loaded. or adding snd-seq-midi to
/etc/modules will fix this. I'm not sure if this bug is present in the
Debian pd-version as well or maybe in all Pd versions? I think, Pd
shouldn't crash, when snd-seq-midi isn't loaded.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44