[PD] [gem] how to fit a rectangle into gem-window in fullscreen-mode

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Aug 19 21:25:55 CEST 2005

Jerome Tuncer wrote:
> Hallo Iohannes,
>
> You said something that I find interesting as I'm trying to learn Gem,
>
> The height of the GemWin will always be 4 units? How's that?

oh, i have to apologize and become more accurate:
an object with height 4 at position 0/0/0 with the camera at the
default-position (0/0/-4) and the default perspective-setting will touch
the upper and the lower border of the window exactly.

> Where was I supposed to find about that? I have read a few
> documentations and none of them specified this... Do you recommend one
> in particular?

i guess this is no-where specified, what i have told as a fact has been
gathered empiristically.

the important thing to remember is: in Gem you are viewing with a camera
onto a 3D-scene. under certain circumstances (relative position camera
vs. object; camera settings) the abstract units can be mapped to pixels
rather simply.
but these are "special cases".

mfg,.as.dr
IOhannes