[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd 0.39 test 5 released

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Mon Aug 22 11:53:45 CEST 2005

Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i doubt that the hdsp would know about the attached hardware and their
> latencies ... but it should be possible to query the driver for the
> specific digital ports and read the specs of the dacs you're using for
> the additional latency ...

I tried to calculate the latency of my system summing up all pd-buffers,
driver buffers, DACs and ADCs latency (given by the manufactorer) but,
compared to the measured latency (analog loop-back) I get a difference
of ~1.5ms (@fs=48kHz). Thus, I wonder what do I wrong and how to
calculate which latency of a system which predicts the correct
measurable latency.

Has anybody done a latency calculation and compared it to the measured
latency?

br, Peter

--
Piotr Majdak