[PD] drum slicer

David Powers cyborgk at nocturnalnoize.com
Mon Aug 22 22:02:58 CEST 2005

I would be EXTREMELY interested in something along the lines of
Supatrigga (but why not with more features) if anyone knows out how to
create something like this...  I've seen some amazing MAX Reaktor
patches along those lines...

Especially, there is a command line program called "glitch.exe" that
does very interesting beat chopping and FX (you can find the free demo
online).  But, glitch is not really time.  If I could combine beat
rearranging (with both manual and auto modes) and the ability to add
different FX to each slice, I'd be in heaven.

Theoretically, you could build an FX blackbox, that gets a bang
everytime a new slice comes through.  The bang triggers the FX to change
according to weighted probability.  Inside you would probably have 8 to
16 parallel FX, with a slider for each parameter to control the
likelihood that audio would get routed through it.  If you wanted to do
it like "glitch", there might be four layers of FX alligned in a series,
so any given slice would go through 0 to 4 FX processes before coming
out of the FX blackbox.

~David