[PD] devel_0_39: wont launch (bug)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 09:27:19 CEST 2005

hi carmen

> freeze during launch, tried -nrt and -rt (and running as non-root).
> kernel is  2.6.13-rc6 its configured nosimd=1 atomic=0 lockfree=1.
> guess i will try lockfree=0, but the feature i wanted 'threadedsf=1'
> has another error: src/d_soundfile.c:1448: error: structure has no
> member named `x_array'
1. it _might_ be related to the lockfree stuff ... you are using an
amd64 machine, aren't you? this platform is somehow broken for lockfree
algorithms (especially earlier versions of this cpu) ... can you please
send me the output of pd -verbose -stderr ?

2. the threaded soundfiler is brocken due to miller's changes to the
arrays ... i'm not going to port it to any newer version of pd, since i
can't be sure, that it's going to work for a longer time ... if you need
this feature, you could either use miller's upsampling / readsf~
workaround or you switch to a professional software of your choice ...

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs