[PD] denormals on intel celeron

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Aug 24 01:37:59 CEST 2005

> sorry to butt in, but as my current laptop is dying a slow and painful
> death (by eating its own RAM), I'm likely soon to be faced once again
> with one of the eternal questions: AMD or Intel?
well, i don't think the question is this easy ...
you could ask "celeron or centrino or amd or ... ?", you could ask,
"does my favourite software make full use of my hardware?", you could
ask, "how does my distribution build binaries?" ...

running on pentium-m/gentoo(CFLAGS="-O3 -march=pentium-m -mmmx -msse
-msse2 -mfpmath=sse")/devel_0_39(enabling hardware DAZ), i haven't had a
denormal problem for ages ...

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs