[PD] Using pd with Wacom Intuos 2 in Linux

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Wed Aug 24 02:09:53 CEST 2005

hi jerome,

Am Mittwoch 24 August 2005 01:57 schrieb Jerome Tuncer:

[...snip...]

> The two things I'd like to be able to do are:
>
> - Stop using the tablet as a pointing device. To make it simple: I'd
> like it to stop moving my cursor over the screen!

probably you are using /dev/input/mice in the xconfig file.
that is, all mice are concentrated in a single device.
just tell xwindows to use /dev/input/mouse0 (or similar, depends on your
actual setup), and it will only use that particular mouse input...

> - Be able anyway to input data into Pd (x, y, pressure would be an
> appreciated plus...)

hans-christoph steiner's linuxevent or hid objects are your friends for
that ...

> If it is possible to do, I'm sure someone has done it already. If I'm
> lucky he reads the lists...
>
> How should I procede?

1) find the device that is only your mouse and put that in the xconfig instead
of the mice device

2) find the device that is your tablet (it is usb, isnt it?)
it should show up under /dev/input/eventX, where X is a number.
usually, /dev/event0 is the keyboard, event1 the mouse, so event2 could be the
tablet.

to check:
open a console window and do a "cat /dev/input/event2" (you may need to be
root for that, depending on the permissions set) and move the pen on your
tablet. if you get garbage when you move the pen, you found it. if not,
repeat with other numbers, 1,2,whatever ...

> Thanks in advance...
>
> ++

greetings,

chris