[PD] pd --help doesn't work

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 24 11:51:50 CEST 2005

Piotr Majdak wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm used to execute "pd --help" to get list of pd switches. After an update to 0.38.3 this command doesn't work: nothing happens, pd doens't even start. The same behaviour for starting pd with an unsupported switch or a misspelled supported switch.
>
> I noticed that "pd --listdev" shows the device list in pd's native message list. How can I get "pd --help" to help?

well, "pd --help" works perfectly and writes the help to the stderr.
however, on windows, the stderr is sent to nirvana (there have been a
number of posts on this topic (regarding the "-stderr" - flag), see the
archives)

but you are quite right this should be fixed somehow
(otoh, i guess that miller want people to use the preferences-settings
instead of flags (and .bat-files))

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes