[PD] os x.4

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Aug 25 19:46:52 CEST 2005

On Aug 25, 2005, at 12:33 PM, dafydd hughes wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Wondering if anybody has advice re running Pd on OS X 10.4.  I'm on
> 10.3.9 right now, and I have 10.4 sitting here, but I've been
> warned off running audio programs until 10.4 gets better.   I'm
> using Hans-Christoph's 0.38 installer and trying out the 0.39
> releases.
>
> Thanks for any info.

...no probs here with either compiling for yourself (altho devel_0_39
is problematic atm), or using either miller's or hans' pre-compiled
versions (caveat:  remember that you have to open a canvas/window in
order to "activate the preferences menu):  I'm running
10.4.2...however, none of these allows focusing of the gem window (if
you need that for, say, gemmouse or gemkeyboard), but that fix is
just around the corner ;-)

l8r,
james