[PD] sequencer help

shift8 shift8 at digitrash.com
Sun Aug 28 00:26:44 CEST 2005

thanks again for the help guys. just as an fwi - i did figure out a way
to do this by capturing first the output of pool to a given control,
then the output of that control, and compare at clock tic.  if != ,
block further updates to that control from pool (via [route]).  i really
like the mouse event solution, and i think i'm going with that.

all of these solutions necessitate figuring out how to deal with the
data athat is already stored for a given controller b4 the user makes an
update.  the default is to merge the data. but that has it's own set of
problems.  i didn't want to do control polling via [bangs] because that
would make the pool storage really large (tics * keys * controls), and i
want to edit it externally at some point.  maybe i can do polling, then
strip the continuous values at save time.  anyone have any suggestions
on that?