[PD] A mute device

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:56:12 CEST 2005

Hi. I came up with this as a way to mute a stream of numbers. Basically, I
want my notes' names to update automatically as I drag them, but if I change
the name manually and hit the little update button, it was renaming them as
soon as they were repositioned, since I have a metro going. I have it set up
to add the x and y movements of the array to those of the top-level struct,
and zero those of the array. Tried stopping the metros, but it quickly got
too complicated. I fixed it so it wouldn't change when I updated the
position of a manually renamed note, but I found it did the same thing when
I switched notes or loaded a new file, because I was using the "change"
object. Here's what I did. The "set set $1" message is useful, I'm glad it
works. This way the value of the change object is set to the incoming value
before the receive is turned back on.
 Now, though it gives these error message of raty not existing, so I just
created two unattached receives, one "raty" and one "nothing", for when one
is sent before switching back; but suddenly my application would crash any
time I started that loop. I deleted the extraneous receives and it's fine,
with the messages again.
Is it illegal to send a "receive whatever" message to a non-GUI receive?
   -Chuckk