[PD] [Gem] how to optimize alphablending?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 28 17:47:44 CEST 2005

hi

i attached a patch, that is used to 'alphablend' from one to another
picture. it is working though, but the cpu-load raises to 100% and it
looks quite 'ruckelig' (not constantly flowing). i tried it on different
machines with the same result. then i tried it with a better gfx-card,
that supports opengl (Quadro FX 330), on a P4 2.66GHz (winxp). it looks
better, but my patch still uses 100% cpu.
i'm quite a gem-newbie and don't know much about opengl, but i assume
that my patch is not optimized and there is still much calculated by cpu
instead of gpu. last week i saw a screensaver-slideshow on an old ibook,
that looked very nice. this let me hope there is still a chance, that i
can realize the same with Gem on hardware that is up-to-date.

thanks for any help

roman