[PD] [Gem] how to optimize alphablending?

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sun Aug 28 18:40:00 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am working on exactly the same thing ! So....

First of all, there should be a way not to load every image twice (once
in each [pix_multiimage]). This could be done by splitting the list of
images in 2. But then, we would loose the order, and would need an even
number of images if we want to keep the order of the pictures on every
time we go around the whole set of pictures.

My Pd uses 325 Mib of RAM when I run this.

Another thing to consider : my digital camera generates pictures with
names such as "IMG_0792.JPG". I know that [pix_multiimage] needs a
directory of pictures with sequential numbers, but can skip some. Is
there a turn around if we dont have sequential numbers ? I am working
on a way to get a file list with a [pyext] script, and to put that list
in a [pool] or something. But my filename numbers aren't sequential,
eh.

I'll post this slideshow patch/script if I get it done. :-)

aalex