[PD] gumstix bluetooth tips

Zachary Crockett z.crockett at usa.net
Mon Aug 29 07:52:09 CEST 2005

In the next few weeks I'll be creating an interactive sensor project
with a dancer/choreographer involving a gumstix basix 200f-bt
( http://gumstix.com/spexboards.html#f )...  venturing into hardware
is going to be a new adventure for me and a challenge I'm sure...  so
I have 2 questions:

1) how to get bluetooth data into Pd?  In the list archives someone
said bt looks like a serial port and can be grabbed with
[comport] ... simple as that?  haven't looked really hard yet at the
arguments & messages it takes since I don't have any hardware to test
with yet -- anything obscure I should know? or is there a better way?

2) if anyone has experience using gumstix or something similar and
can offer tips, I'd welcome the help -- I'll be wiring flex sensors
into the 60-pin Hirose connector (fingers crossed)

Cheers,
Zac

PS - mac os 10.4, g4, pd-0.38-4-extended-rc1 (planning to upgrade soon)