[PD] [Gem] fade using single buffer mode.

puredata at yesyesnono.co.uk puredata at yesyesnono.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 15:50:37 CEST 2005

Hi list!

I've been recently playing around with the single
buffer mode of GEM and was unsucessful to fade
to black the buffer window after it rendered some geos.

I thought I could simply stop banging on the geos I was drawing
and start banging on a square with very low opacity right in front of the
camera view... but it didn't really work.

I also tried to play with the opacity of a pix_buff applied on a geo
to give the illusion the whole render was fading out. here again
unsucessfully.

Is there any other way to create this simple fade to black effect?
(Note: I've been using the stable 0.90 version of GEM on Ubuntu.)

Thanks!

Oli