[PD] Copies of mails. Why?

Stefan Tiedje Stefan-Tiedje at addcom.de
Tue Aug 30 16:50:12 CEST 2005

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> it is for those peope who do not read the pd-list and thus do not know
> that this has been already discussed.

And though it has been discussed, the natural solution, to ad a reply-to
to the header has not been changed. Each time its coming up it adds to
the significance that with reply-to is better than without !!!

Less traffic, less confusion, more messages which are ment to go to the
list arrive at the list, simply more intelligent.

The only acceptable argument against: the danger of posting private
mails to the list, has no practical relevance in any of the list (the
majority of lists) i am subscribed to.
Modern e-mail clients allow to filter messages into their own folders,
which safely prevents you from sending private mails to any list.

I agree that there might still be different oppinions possible, but the
evidence points to somewhere else...

I know, for those who only read the Pd-list a change might need some
time to get used to (though they might not realise, as reply-all would
still send the reply to the list), but for everybody else it would be a
releaf.

Stefan

P.S. Beware each time its coming up, I'll chime in, though, if I forget
to change the recipient it might not show up.
If anybody who wants also to chime in, double check if you're answering
to the list...

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

         Stefan Tiedje
         Klanggestalter
     Electronic Composition
               &